Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all Cultural Venues and Attractions for which Tunbridge Wells Borough Council operate.
These include but are not limited to:
- SKATE - the annual ice rink, including but not limited to the main rink, parent & toddler rink, Bavarian Curling and Father Christmas
- The Assembly Hall Theatre
- BAIT - The Immersive Horror Experience
- The Amelia Scott/The Amelia Services
- Camden Centre and Wesley Centre
The venue has the explicit right to take photographs and recordings of public events for use in marketing and publicity by the venue or attraction, by Tunbridge Wells Borough Council, or and relevant promoter or producer. The ticket purchaser explicitly agrees to this by accepting our terms and conditions, which are made available and seek consent during the booking process.
Tickets/items purchased cannot be resold for commercial gain. We may cancel tickets and refuse entry if we have reason to believe this condition has not been respected. Customer accounts may also be suspended
Refunds will only be given if a performance is cancelled or rescheduled before the interval of the performance. Tickets are not transferable to another event unless you are advised otherwise and you may be charged a fee. Refunds are limited to the face value of the tickets and will be issued by either card or bank transfer.
All ticket prices set are advertised inclusive of a venue fee (ordinarily £3.00 or £1.00 for Skate).
Ticket Purchasers understand that Dynamic Pricing may be in place and ticket prices rise as demand rises, pervious purchases of tickets may therefore be at a lower cost that will be available in the future. This also applies to group and school booking policies.
The ticket purchase price breakdown is as follows:
Face Value: The ticket face value price is always set by jointly between the venue and clients (promoters/producers/hirers)
Venue Fee: This fee contributes to our ticketing system and ticket sales costs. Alongside other income streams e.g. commercial hires, bars and hospitality, it helps us to stay an effective business, which in turn, allows us to reinvest in the Assembly Hall Theatre and the services we provide.
Cultural Levy: Producers/Promoters/Hirers are charged this fro the ticket price to contribute to the costs of the Council's Cultural Engagement work (ordinarily £1.25 per ticket).
Royalties and other Fees: Promoters/Producers/Hirers will from their share of sales need to pay royalties for use of material/music and other fees may also be included in the deductions from a producers revenue share.
Delivery (if requested): The per ticket commission covers the cost of running the ticketing service, booking tickets online is the cheapest way to provide this.
Tickets currently purchased from the Assembly Hall Theatre are sold at a price inclusive of a per ticket commission, unless stated otherwise. Exceptions include tickets with a value of less than £10. Customers may receive e-tickets for free, collect from the box office for £2 or have tickets posted for £3.50.
Please take care of your tickets, as we may not be able to issue duplicates. You may be charged for duplicate tickets.
Promotional codes and special offers cannot be applied to tickets that have already been booked.
Please check your tickets carefully, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
Every member of the audience must possess a valid ticket.
Tickets that have been altered or defaced will be deemed invalid and you may be refused entry.
The Management reserves the right, in combination with any other statements or directives, which may be shown on the ticket or displayed at the premises, to:
- Request the ticket holder to leave the premises, refuse admission and/or delay entry of latecomers until a suitable break or interval for any reason including but not limited to protecting the enjoyment of the majority of the audience, health and safety and on customer service grounds. Latecomers will not be able to take their allocated seats until after the first interval (if applicable) They must not move to their allocated seats during blackouts or short breaks in the performance.
- Refuse the use on the premises of any camera or any form of audio or video recording equipment and to take appropriate measures to enforce such a request.
- Make any change in the performance/event (including cast) owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause.
- Cancel or abandon the performance/event without notice and without liability to pay any compensation or damages other than at the Manager’s discretion (statutory rights are not affected).
- The Management and its employees are insured against loss, damage or personal injury through their negligence within its premises but shall otherwise not be liable.
- The Management may record or take photographs of performances for future public use. However, if it does so, it will inform customers as they arrive for the performance.
E-Tickets may also contain the following terms and conditions. These apply regardless of whether printed on the E-Ticket or not:
- It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all details on this ticket are correct at the time of purchase especially the event name, date, time and location. The ticket may not be exchanged, refunded or returned except in accordance with consumer Law.
- The right is reserved to vary advertised program and to add, withdraw or substitute artists and content as necessary.
- The right of admission is reserved including where entry is delayed for late arrivals, refused or where a customer is asked to leave the premises. This may be to protect the enjoyment of the audience or on health and safety grounds but may be for any other reason.
- The recording of this event using any device is prohibited unless otherwise advised.
- The Theatre reserves the right to recall any tickets that have been sold through an unauthorised Third Party agent such as Ebay or SeatWave. We always recommend you buy direct from the venue.
- The Theatre/Promoter reserves the right to cancel or abandon the performance/event for reasons beyond its control. If this is the case, at the Manager’s discretion, an exchange or refund may be possible.
The ticket purchaser explicitly agrees to these terms and conditions by accepting the said terms and conditions, which are made available and seek explicit consent during the booking process.
In addition to the above the below terms and conditions apply to CIRCLE memberships.
- Benefits will not be applicable in periods where the Assembly Hall Theatre is closed, including but not limited to the issuing of the quarterly brochure, discounts on shows and events (including Pantomimes, in-house productions and Skate Tunbridge Wells), and Food and Drink discounts. In the event of Assembly Hall Theatre being closed for a period longer than one calendar month memberships will be extended by one month for each full month of closure.
- Benefits related to Skate Tunbridge Wells will not be applicable should the ice rink be closed, should it be closed for the entire season then benefits will be rolled over to the next season instead.
- Please ensure that you bring your Circle membership card to any event where you intend to use or are using the membership benefits. Failure to display the membership card may result in benefits not being available.
Membership benefits are not transferrable, nor does the membership card hold any monetary or cash value.
- Quarterly Newsletter will only be received by those who have opted-in to the TWBC’s Culture Database Mailing List. A link will be sent in the confirmation email received after joining the scheme should you wish to opt-in. Should you not receive this email please click here to join our mailing list.
- There may be occasions where the Circle Members bar is unavailable or open to the general public for reasons such as other functions, however we will endeavour to keep any such interruptions to a minimum.
- Priority Booking will apply for each Quarterly Season timed with the release of each brochure, shows released outside this may not have a priority booking period.
- Whilst we will endeavour to provide 6 Meet and Greet opportunities per year to our Director’s Circle members there may be periods where it not possible to deliver this.
- Opportunity to host private pre- and post-show receptions in the private CIRCLE members bar will be subject to availability.
- Food and Drink discount applies only to Food and Drink served in our bar area or available for pre-booking on our website and over the phone through our Drinks and Snacks sections.
- Personal Booking telephone line available Monday – Friday 10 – 6, not including Public Holidays and during periods of Theatre Closure.
- If a cardholder changes any personal details such as name, address etc; you will be issued with a new membership card if applicable. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of any changes.
- All benefits, tickets and events are subject to availability.
- Once purchased a membership it not refundable in any circumstances. Where membership as been purchased to access priority booking in order access tickets, yet the purchaser fails to secure tickets the membership remains non-refundable. This is an explicit term.
- These Terms and Conditions run concurrently to the Assembly Hall Theatre Terms and Conditions.
- Circle membership offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or discounts unless explicitly stated.
- Assembly Hall Theatre reserves the right to withdraw the membership at any time.
- Your membership is valid for one year from the date the card is issued unless otherwise stated. You must be aged 18+ to apply for a Circle membership
These Terms and Conditions were updated on 16/02/2022.
Join our mailing list