Culture Privacy Notice
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPIA), Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PERC), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
We collect and store personal and non-personal data that you may volunteer as part of booking tickets, making a purchase, becoming a member or via donation forms, e-news sign-ups, visitor surveys or in connection with a specific project or event. We may also collect photographs if you donate items or if you attend events organised by the Museum and Art Gallery.
The Culture department of Tunbridge Wells Borough Council consists of:
- The Amelia
- Assembly Hall Theatre
- Camden Centre
- Wesley Centre
What information might we collect from you?
- Your full name, title and date of birth
- Postal address, email address and telephone number
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Ticket purchase history
- Gift Aid status
- Payment card details
- Your contact and communication preferences
- CCTV images, if you visit any of our public buildings
- IP addresses
- webpages accessed and files downloaded
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information to provide a cultural facility to residents and visitors because it is in the wider public interest to do so. If you do not give us your personal information, we may be unable to provide a service to you.
Sharing and Storage of personal data
Maidstone Borough Council stores your information on our behalf.
You can view their privacy information here:
Our software providers will also store your information, but only on our instructions. They won’t use it for any other reasons, and they have to look after it in the same way we would. You can view their privacy information here:
To undertake our business activities we sometimes have to share your information with third parties such as our database and IT providers and our mailing house, which handles our direct postal communications with you. We only choose partners we trust and will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to:
- Abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act
- Treat your information as carefully as we would
- Only use the information for the purposes it was supplied
- Allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things
Our website contains links to other sites whose information practice may be different to ours. You should consult other sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to or collected by third parties. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
- We will use the information you provide to :
- Provide and improve our Culture Service
- to send you newsletters and alerts about the culture service accordance with the preferences you provided at the time of signing up.
- inform other authorities, organisations or people. Fulfil your requests
- Handle and deliver orders and communicate with you about them
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website. This could include customising the content and/or layout of our pages for individual users.
- Record any contact we have with you
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf in relation to prevention and detention
- Carry out research
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We will keep your information indefinitely or until you ask us to delete it or change the information we hold about you by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within a newsletter or within an email
- By emailing us at Dataprotection@tunbridgewells.gov.uk
- writing to Data Protection, Assembly Hall Theatre, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 2LU
How can I access the information you hold about me, find out further information on privacy rights, or raise a concern?
You have the right to ask for a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
Please direct all requests to Dataprotection@tunbridgewells.gov.uk. or write to Data Protection, Assembly Hall Theatre, Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 2LU
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office if we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve a problem about our handling of your personal information. For more information about your Data Protection rights, please visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/.