The Assembly Hall Theatre is firmly committed to enabling all our customers to participate in our events equally and with dignity and respect.
We aim to be accessible to all, showing a varied programme of events and providing special facilities to meet the needs of all our customers.
Please let the Box Office know when booking your seats if you or any of your party have any specific access needs. The Box Office and the Front of House staff are available and happy to help whenever possible.
- There is a push-button door to the right of the main entrance to allow access for wheelchair users, entering at Box Office level.
- An accessible lift links the foyer, lower foyer and the auditorium (not the circle).
- There is an accessible toilet adjacent to the lower foyer bar.
- An in-seat drinks service is available in the interval.
- There is one disabled parking space directly outside the theatre, as well as ground floor parking in the Crescent Road car park. More information on parking for Blue Badge holders can be found here.
The Assembly Hall Theatre extends the policy of a free ticket for a carer across all shows. This policy includes customers who use a wheelchair as well as anyone, including the elderly and infirm, who would not normally be able to attend without the assistance of a necessary companion.
Signed and captioned performances
The theatre arranges signed and captioned performances of selected shows. Details of these shows may be obtained upon request from the Box Office and will be included within the seasonal brochure and on the theatre’s website.
The theatre is equipped with a Sennheiser infra-red audio enhancement system. Headsets are available from the Box Office, for a £5 refundable deposit.
The theatre guide will be made available in large print or audio format on request.